“Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, ‘The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he has charged me to build him a house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever is among you of all his people, may the Lord his God be with him.
Let him go up.’”
2 Chronicles 36:23
And so, the people of God began their journey back home following their exile in Babylon.
Dear Beautiful Savior Family,
Perhaps in many ways, it may have felt like we have been in exile these last several weeks, especially when it comes to gathering in our sanctuary for worship. But the time is drawing near when that will come to an end, and we will indeed return to worship our faithful God together. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ this two-page document that will detail some very specific guidelines that the Board of Elders and Board of Directors worked together to establish.
I would draw your attention here to a few key items on those pages, but would encourage you to also read the entire document.
- Our first Sunday together will be JUNE 7, 9:30 AM, and, weather permitting, we will be outside on the back lawn.
- We are asking all participants to contact the church office by phone or e-mail if you plan to be present.
- We are asking all who come to BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR (lawn chair, camping chair, folding chair, etc.) or blanket to sit on.
- The bulletin will be posted on our website. Please print off copies for all in your household who will be attending and bring them with you.
- When we do need to move indoors because of the weather, for now, we will asking participants to ALSO bring their own chair.
Because of this new approach, as you plan your departure from home, please allow a little extra time for getting settled once you’re here.
If, after reading the guidelines carefully, you have any questions or concerns, please contact your elder, Calvin Miller or myself.
Note also that we will continue to have an on-line presence via our website, but it will be a live-stream only offering, which will also be recorded for posting later.
And finally – As I said in our last e-mail, attendance is optional (as it always is!), and every household needs to decide for themselves whether they will be worshiping on site or continuing to worship at home on-line. No one should feel pressured to attend, or feel badly if they stay home.
In the meantime, be wise, be safe, and be considerate of others as we continue this journey together. Pray for one another and encourage one another. And always remember – Jesus loves you, and so do I.
Serving our Lord together,