Beautiful Savior offers both in-person and online worship services. In-person worship is held each Sunday morning. Please see our Home Page or Calendar to find upcoming worship service dates and times. Online Services are livestreamed on the BLSC YouTube Channel and posted for your viewing convenience.
What’s worship like at Beautiful Savior?
Beautiful Savior offers a blended worship service.
- A mix of contemporary praise songs and beloved hymns, led by volunteer vocalists and musicians (piano, bass, drums, guitar, organ, flute and oboe).
- Experience all aspects of Lutheran worship (invocation, confession and forgiveness, Scripture, prayer, sermon, blessing) without the traditional Hymnal liturgy.
- When indoors, the service is displayed on a projector screen … when outdoors, printed worship folders are provided.
- Communion is offered the first and third Sundays of the month.
- Our Statement of Holy Communion: I have been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. I confess and repent of my sin. I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I acknowledge that His Body and Blood are truly present in the Lord’s Supper. If you believe this, as we do, you are invited to receive Holy Communion.
- Dress up or dress down. We’re a casual bunch and welcome you to come as you are.
- Children are welcome in worship.
Children in Worship
We believe having small children and infants in worship is like having children at the dinner table; they’re here because they’re part of the family, not because their manners are perfect! The only way for children to learn how to worship is by doing, so we welcome children of all ages. Parents can encourage children to participate in the prayers by having them fold their hands, and repeating the “Hear our Prayer” response. When the congregation stands, they can encourage their children to stand, and they can bring them forward at communion to receive a blessing. “Busy Bags” of books, crayons and other items are available.
Twice a month during Sunday worship, children are invited to the altar to learn about that week’s Gospel lesson in a quick, kid-level, often interactive children’s message.
There is a nursery available for parents who feel like their children under age three need a break. There is a television in the nursery so you can see and hear the service while giving your child a place to play. Some families may find it helpful to have children remain in the sanctuary through the children’s message (see more below), give them some play time in the nursery, then come back for Holy Communion. A diaper changing station is located in the women’s main floor restroom and a nursing area is available upstairs.
Please note: The nursery is temporarily closed. This space is shared with Beginning Years Childcare and must be closed to the public until Covid-19 guidelines for childcare centers allow otherwise.
Volunteering is a great way to help our church, meet new people and become better acquainted with our current members. To sign up as a one-time volunteer or to serve on a regular basis, please contact the BSLC Office. Training is gladly provided for all volunteer opportunities.
- Greeters welcome people as they come to Sunday worship and other special services during the year.
- Ushers hand out bulletins, help with seating, collect offering and perform other helpful duties during worship service.
- Altar Guild members take turns to light candles, change banners for church seasons, and prepare communion for Sunday worship and special services.
- Music volunteers help lead songs, sing with the choir, or perform special music. Please see the Music page to find out more.
- Sound volunteers operate the sound system for worship services.
- Projector volunteers display the slides on the screen for Sunday worship and special services.
- Sunday treat volunteers provide a light snack and coffee after worship service during fellowship time.
- Special event volunteers help with food, set up, and planning of special fellowship events.