Beautiful Savior answers the call to mission by sharing our time and talents with others as individuals or small groups, but also as a congregation by awarding Local-Regional-Global (LRG) grants to share God’s Word and touch lives with His mercy.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”Acts 1:8
Since 2012, Beautiful Savior has volunteered alongside and granted LRG funds to individuals and non-profits in the Treasure Valley. Past grant recipients include:
- Project Linus
- Wreaths Across America
- Interfaith Sanctuary Preschool
- Boise Rescue Mission
- Community Ministries
- Glocal Community Partners
- City of Light
- Habitat for Humanity
- Angel Tree
- Local high school students in need
LRG funds have supported non-profits throughout the region, assisted short-term mission teams serving throughout the West Coast, allowed youth to attend Camp Perkins’ summer camps, and more. A few examples of LRG-funded efforts:
- In 2018, LRG funds allowed the Work Camp in St. Anthony, Idaho, to purchase instruments to start a worship praise team.
- In 2017, LRG Funds assisted five Beautiful Savior members as they worked with Alaska Mission for Christ, leading Vacation Bible School for children and working on repairs to a Lutheran church.
- In 2014, LRG funds helped members of the Lutheran Women in Mission (LWML) purchase sewing machines, fabric and other supplies for Lutheran Indian Ministries. The LWML members traveled to Navajo, New Mexico, to lead sewing and other workshops for local women and children, and to learn about the Navajo culture.
Occasionally, LRG funds benefit projects outside U.S. borders, including making blankets that were transported to the Salvation Army Orphanage in Mazatlan, Mexico, or supporting our Beginning Years Early Childhood Learning Center’s annual Operation Christmas Child box drive for Samaritans Purse.
Beautiful Savior also regularly financially supports LCMS missionaries. Visit the LCMS website to learn more about how the LCMS missionary program is spreading God’s Word and how to provide additional support to our missionaries. Currently, BSLC supports two LCMS missionary families in Asia:
Matt and DeeDee Wasmund, with daughters Lily and Olivia.
The Wasmund Family
Matt and Dee Dee Wasmund, along with their daughters, Lily and Olivia, live in Seoul, South Korea, where Matt serves as the Strategic Volunteer Coordinator for East Asia for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). In this role, Matt connects with the individuals serving as GEO (globally engaged in outreach) missionaries in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand in order to support ministries that touch the lives of hundreds of students of all ages. He engages with church and school leaders at these various sites, seeking effective ways to serve together for the sake of the Gospel.
As a ministry team, the Wasmunds also facilitate short-term mission opportunities which enhance existing ministries in the Asia region. They happily participate in the church life of their overseas congregation, the International Lutheran Church in Seoul.
“We are very grateful for the ministry partners who support us in many ways, not the least including faithful prayers lifted up on our behalf for protection, wisdom and continued guidance. We sincerely thank you.”
The Wasmunds are supported Beautiful Savior’s Local-Regional-Global (LRG) Fund with a gift to Mission Central.