Beautiful Savior is a “Joining Jesus On His Mission” church.
Every Sunday, our congregation gathers around Jesus in worship, and is then sent out to join Jesus as He pursues His Father’s mission in the community. We don’t go FOR Jesus, we go WITH Jesus, keeping our eyes open to what He’s already doing, and then joining in the fun.
The good news is that Jesus is already on the move in our community. He’s already doing the heavy lifting of pursuing His Father’s mission in the life of every person we meet. We recognize that opportunities to share Jesus’ story begin by building relationships with those who don’t yet know him.
We can’t make progress with joining Jesus in our neighborhoods if we are not spending time with and getting to know our neighbors! Consider these ideas to connect with people in your community.
- Invite neighbors to a cookout or ice cream social.
- Find reasons to be in your front yard rather than in the back.
- Take some baked goods to a neighbor and introduce yourself.
- At work, look for who is undervalued. Invite them to lunch along with another employee or two.
- Invite neighbors to sit around your fire pit. Break out the ingredients for s’mores.
- Participate in gatherings hosted by others: block parties, community festivals, art shows, etc.
- Invite neighbors or co-workers to join together to make a difference in the community.
- Invite a neighbor to exercise with you or walk your dogs together.
- If you have a child in a school group (band, sports team, drama, or other club), invite those families over for some fun.
- Live near a university or college? See if there is a program for inviting international students to your home.
Remember, the goal is to grow from being acquaintances to sharing stories to investing in friendships. To learn more about how we are Joining Jesus on His Mission, visit Greg Finke’s Dwelling 1:14 website.